The opening of the Esperance Cordial Factory. Photographer J. Rushton – Courtesy P. Rushton
The brewery tower which was forty feet high was put out to tender and won by E.J.McCarthy & Co.
The Esperance Cordial Factory was built on lot 55 Dempster Street. Mr John Coleman applied for a brewery license in January and was granted the licence in the court the following month; the cordial factory began full production.It was opened on the 31st October with free drinks all day.
Help Us Improve this Entry
How Your Donations Can Help
By adding your information during time spent in the Esperance district you help expand this online biographical dictionary library. We welcome anything and everything, especially the following items:
- Stories, recollections, reminiscences, biographies, memoirs, personal history, anecdotes, day book dairy, journals, record of experiences, accounts, letters, notes, logs
- Memorabilia (of people’s childhood or those of their parents)
- Books, articles, newspapers, comic book, periodicals, gazettes, magazines, calendars, programs
- Maps, Brochures
- Oral History, Video/Films
- Photographs (that we can briefly borrow, scan and return).
If you would like to contribute to this library entry, please complete the form provided or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org