In August 1896, John Coleman who had been granted a brewery licence for the Esperance Cordial Factory, at lot 55 Dempster street, announced that the “Esperance Aerated Waters” will now be carried out as the “Esperance Brewing and Aerated Waters Co”.
Mr W. Falkner from the Stanley Brewery, in Perth, was going to be the brewer. The brewery advertised Esperance Ale and Cordials, plus Aerated Waters, and on opening day on the 31st October 1896, advertised to supply free drinks all day.
Help Us Improve this Entry
How Your Donations Can Help
By adding your information during time spent in the Esperance district you help expand this online biographical dictionary library. We welcome anything and everything, especially the following items:
- Stories, recollections, reminiscences, biographies, memoirs, personal history, anecdotes, day book dairy, journals, record of experiences, accounts, letters, notes, logs
- Memorabilia (of people’s childhood or those of their parents)
- Books, articles, newspapers, comic book, periodicals, gazettes, magazines, calendars, programs
- Maps, Brochures
- Oral History, Video/Films
- Photographs (that we can briefly borrow, scan and return).
If you would like to contribute to this library entry, please complete the form provided or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org