A new Standard gauge railway line Kalgoorlie to Esperance, was completed. This is a freight only railway, as passenger services ceased. The Circle Valley siding was not upgraded to a standard gauge line and no longer used.
The Western Australian Government Railways relocated from the town site to a new site on Harbour road.
The War memorial built in 1922 is relocated to the former croquet green.
The “Esperance Advertiser” newspaper ceased its weekly publication.