Work recommenced on the Esperance to Salmon Gums Railway. A Locomotive No. 156 “C”- class was shipped to Esperance for the Public Works Department. This was for use on the railway line construction.
(PHOTOGRAPHER UNKNOWN -COURTESY ESPERANCE MUSEUM, FILE 127)
“The G156 was originally sent to the Hopetoun line in 1911. After ten years or so on the Hopetoun to Ravensthorpe railways it was partially dismantled and shipped to Esperance Bay, where it freighted railway materials and good inland on the line extension and on its return carried freight back to the Port of Esperance”.
The Esperance War Memorial monument built. World War 1 (1914-1918).