In 1898, Mr Joshua Carter was reputed to have cut the first crop on the Grass Patch farm. It only yielded 5 to 6 cwt to the acre without fertilizer being used. The sheath carrier was too heavy for the horses. The holding consisted of 340 acres of CP land and 200 acres freehold on blocks no 10,12,14,16,and 17.
Help Us Improve this Entry
How Your Donations Can Help
By adding your information during time spent in the Esperance district you help expand this online biographical dictionary library. We welcome anything and everything, especially the following items:
- Stories, recollections, reminiscences, biographies, memoirs, personal history, anecdotes, day book dairy, journals, record of experiences, accounts, letters, notes, logs
- Memorabilia (of people’s childhood or those of their parents)
- Books, articles, newspapers, comic book, periodicals, gazettes, magazines, calendars, programs
- Maps, Brochures
- Oral History, Video/Films
- Photographs (that we can briefly borrow, scan and return).
If you would like to contribute to this library entry, please complete the form provided or email us at: email@example.com