Rabbits were building up against what existed of the No.1 fence and it was decided to build an inner fence and subsequently the No. 2 rabbit proof fence from Point Ann on the south coast to Cunderdin. A third fence through to Yalgoo to the coast was constructed. All fences were finished by 1907, covering 3255 km.
S.S. EUCLA (PHOTOGRAPHER UNKNOWN, COURTESY – ESPERANCE MUSEUM. FILE114)
Esperance was serviced by a weekly steamer from Albany with other sailing vessels calling. A coach service (fast coach) ran through to Coolgardie (236 miles) twice a week.