Mr Stewart began in Esperance as a Grocer in 1956 over the years increased and improved the business Duncan Stewart Pty Ltd to the modern supermarket of present. He was granted a provisional store liquor licence and the licensing court stipulated that trading cannot start before October 31st 1973. The proposed new shop will be built behind Mr Stewarts exisiting supermarket in Andrew street.
From the Esperance Advertiser November 3rd 1972.
Help Us Improve this Entry
How Your Donations Can Help
By adding your information during time spent in the Esperance district you help expand this online biographical dictionary library. We welcome anything and everything, especially the following items:
- Stories, recollections, reminiscences, biographies, memoirs, personal history, anecdotes, day book dairy, journals, record of experiences, accounts, letters, notes, logs
- Memorabilia (of people’s childhood or those of their parents)
- Books, articles, newspapers, comic book, periodicals, gazettes, magazines, calendars, programs
- Maps, Brochures
- Oral History, Video/Films
- Photographs (that we can briefly borrow, scan and return).
If you would like to contribute to this library entry, please complete the form provided or email us at: email@example.com