Charles Sandell was a telecommunication radio operator in 1911 to 1914 with the Australian Antarctic expedition, stationed on Mawson Island. Charles Sandell married Amy Daw in Esperance and the couple raised a family, the children attending the Esperance School.
C. 1925 Photographer C. Sandell. Courtesy J. Sandell
Charles Sandell was an electrician as well as operating the first garage and service station in Esperance.(Willys garage) The garage was situated on the Esplanade; he was also the agent for Willeys-Overland cars and trucks, Willard Car and Lighting Accumulators.
Help Us Improve this Entry
How Your Donations Can Help
By adding your information during time spent in the Esperance district you help expand this online biographical dictionary library. We welcome anything and everything, especially the following items:
- Stories, recollections, reminiscences, biographies, memoirs, personal history, anecdotes, day book dairy, journals, record of experiences, accounts, letters, notes, logs
- Memorabilia (of people’s childhood or those of their parents)
- Books, articles, newspapers, comic book, periodicals, gazettes, magazines, calendars, programs
- Maps, Brochures
- Oral History, Video/Films
- Photographs (that we can briefly borrow, scan and return).
If you would like to contribute to this library entry, please complete the form provided or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org