John Rushton arrived in Esperance on the SS ‘McGregor’ in 1896 to become Clerk of Courts. He became secretary of the Agricultural, Horticultural and Floracultural Society when it formed on the 25th May 1897, also secretary of the Esperance Entertainment and Sports week which begun with the Cycle race from Norseman to Esperance on 24th December 1896.
John Rushton was a member of the Esperance Cricket Association. He departed Esperance in 1897.
Help Us Improve this Entry
How Your Donations Can Help
By adding your information during time spent in the Esperance district you help expand this online biographical dictionary library. We welcome anything and everything, especially the following items:
- Stories, recollections, reminiscences, biographies, memoirs, personal history, anecdotes, day book dairy, journals, record of experiences, accounts, letters, notes, logs
- Memorabilia (of people’s childhood or those of their parents)
- Books, articles, newspapers, comic book, periodicals, gazettes, magazines, calendars, programs
- Maps, Brochures
- Oral History, Video/Films
- Photographs (that we can briefly borrow, scan and return).
If you would like to contribute to this library entry, please complete the form provided or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org