Brothers Joseph and Christy Doak enlisted to join other families of men leaving Esperance to go to the Great War. The Esperance District Honour Roll for 1914 – 1919 lists J & C Doak as two of the 78 Esperance boys that enlisted from Esperance. The two brothers gave their lives for their country as both were among the Heroic Dead from Esperance.
Help Us Improve this Entry
How Your Donations Can Help
By adding your information during time spent in the Esperance district you help expand this online biographical dictionary library. We welcome anything and everything, especially the following items:
- Stories, recollections, reminiscences, biographies, memoirs, personal history, anecdotes, day book dairy, journals, record of experiences, accounts, letters, notes, logs
- Memorabilia (of people’s childhood or those of their parents)
- Books, articles, newspapers, comic book, periodicals, gazettes, magazines, calendars, programs
- Maps, Brochures
- Oral History, Video/Films
- Photographs (that we can briefly borrow, scan and return).
If you would like to contribute to this library entry, please complete the form provided or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org